March 29, 2008

Meet Addie/Duke & TAGGED!

I realized I haven't posted any pictures of my cats. Not that any of you care, I just want to make a post out of it for our book. Each month I print off my new posts and add them to a book. It's great because this way we have a journal with writing and pictures.
Meet Addie: Addie really doesn't like her picture to be taken and can be very moody to visitors. Hense her name, "Addie"-tude!
But she LOVES golf. No seriously she really and truly does. She'll sit for hours under the tv if golf is on. It's so bizarre

Only because a few people have asked me this will I explain.... we shave Addie-Cakes in the spring and summer because it gets so hot and she has really long hair-- and I love it because she doesn't shed. So everyone's happy. The picture at the top is how she usually looks



Meet Duke: He pretty much thinks he owns our house and loves it when people come over. How did we discover him in our Christmas Tree you say?? Well let me tell you. We were watching a movie and our tree kept meowing and meowing. I walked over, searched throughout, and there he was at my eye level. The SOB was staring right back at me. He was so proud of himself for climbing so high. I debated whether or not to take him down. I ended up leaving him there and he stayed silent through the whole movie. Our tree stopped 'meowing' once he knew I knew he was in there. What an entertainer.















I love this cat!! I can't get enough of him! I love this cat!!! Oh I do need kids, don't I!
One more thing: BRITTANY TAGGED ME!
5 Years ago I was:
living my single live up in Provo at Belmont or Arlington. College was soooo fun! I met Shane about this time too.
What's on my "TO DO" list today:
*SHANE!
*call Dr. Richards about ultrasounds, bloodwork, and meds
*make banana bread
*shot injections
*decide on dinner & what movie to see.
Snacks I enjoy:
*cadbury creme eggs
*raspberry tea
*green olives
*gummy bears, only the Haribo brand!
If I were a Billionaire what would I do:
open my own animal shelter. DUHHH!! It would be an indoor/outdoor shelter that's heated in the winter and has misters in the summer. I'll have cages for the occasional cat who doesn't deal well with other animals. Otherwise it's an open field---free to roam. I'll have my own Vet Center attached where ALL cats will be spayed and neutured as well as several employees to clean up and supply food, water, and treats. Most importantly these animals will be LOVED. A place of pure bliss....a little Heaven on Earth. ....They may not want to be adopted out LOL :)
6 things people don't know about me:
*I sanitize my hands in the car everytime I leave the grocery store and I can't wait to get home so I can wash them.
*I absolutely have to have very clean sheets everytime I get into bed. Very clean!
*I honestly have never watched a full episode or even 15 minutes of Saved By the Bell. I
couldn't tell you a thing about that show.
*I cannot walk into a garage or on the sidewalk barefoot. It creeps me out just thinking about it. I'm definitely my mothers daughter!
*I genuinely enjoy talking with older folks. Their stories are so enticing, as their childhood is nothing like what you'd hear in today's world. It fascinates me to know they were once young and beautiful and struggled with hardships through war and the great depression; as well as made great accomplishments throughout their Legacy. These sweet people are who we will one day become...and no matter the age; they will always be someody's baby!
*I LOVE fresh flowers and always like having them in my house.
I tag:: Emily, Hayley, Rachel, and Charayye. That means you ALL have to get a blog!!



4 comments:

E Winzeler said...

Tru...do you watch the Aprentice? Trace Adkins sang your song ,"You're gonna miss this"! I love it!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Love those kitties too!!! Oh, and hey, the song 'You're Gonna Miss This' is awesome. I saw the video the other morning and it really got to me. It doesn't matter what stage in life we are, it goes by so quickly. I can remember thinking at times when you kids were little that if I changed one more diaper I'd scream, and now I look back and miss things I didn't think I'd miss. I especially miss all of your teenage years (Rachel and Keith's too). That was such a fun time. I'm paying close attention to these super-duper years as a grandma cuz I know I'm gonna miss them too someday. Love ya, Mom

Brittany said...

You are so funny and your cats are hilarious. They really have their own personalitys. Oh and I have Saved By the Bell on DVD if you ever want to get caught up on a little 90s culture. I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!!

The Zeediks said...

Is your hair lighter? On the Main picture it looks lighter. You are so lucky you look gorgeous always. How can you post so many pictures in a single post. Mine only lets me do 5. Is it my template? You're cats are so cute. You do need a baby but in the mean time they are so lucky to live with you two! It's so in your family to be pet lovers:)