April 7, 2008

"Home Sweet Home"

Who doesn't remember the start of it all? In our first recollections home was the place you'd find someone reaching out offering kisses to cure the bad and reward the good. During childhood, we learned to makes beds and memories, establish core values, set tables, and say prayers.

A sudden whiff of chocolate chip cookies or a strangers perfume can erase the years and flood our hearts with memories. Like an involuntary reflex, the train of memory takes us from the present back into the beloved past.

Memories of home, no matter when we left, are always right under the surface....
it was great to be back in Arizona over the weekend to see my family!





It's a.... GIRL!.......Brinley Shaylynn Hatch was born 4 days ago. I don't know if you heard me right, 4 DAYS ago!! Rach had her and then two days later was in the car driving to the valley from Pinetop. Because this was their fourth baby, and they already have girls and a boy, they opted NOT TO FIND OUT! I don't know how they did it! EVERYONE thought this precious baby was a boy.....but we're so happy and blessed to find out she's a healthy little girl!!! Shaylar had a Dental Convention so he came down the day after Brynie was born. I cannot believe how amazing Rach was to do all this and how fabulous she looks. I keep telling myself that's not normal and not to expect that great of a result :)


She's SO sweet and SO cute!





This was my highlight of the trip! Keith, Charayye and Dad & I went on a Morning Harley Excursion. There were several hundred bikers signed up for the trip-- I didn't fully understand what several hundred bikers meant until we were driving through the canyons and I turned around and saw them! Literally soooo many ahead of us AND behind us. So cool!

Here's what you don't kow about dad...he doesn't mess around. This bike has EVERY little thing you could possibly want on it. I say 'want' because it's purely unnecessary desirables! We listened to oldies and classic rock and talked throughout the ride. That day I discovered I wouldn't be opposed, at all, to having a second home in CaveCreek! I love that place. It's much nicer than Scottsdale....all around. What a great day with my dad! One of my favorite things in life is spending quality time with him. For the record--I was more comfortable on that motorcycle than I've been in alot of cars. No Joke!

Dad, you kow how upset I was that we just missed Brett Michaels at the convention. Dang! Did you see my face when we found out? It'd be so funny taking a picture of you two!


This was the first stop. Fort McDowell Casino. We didn't participate in the drawings but went along for the fun of it.
Love that I zoomed my camera in as far as it would go and snapped this priceless shot of my dad. He had no idea- what a P-I-M-P!


Time for my stim meds shots.... here, Shane is showing Tay and Easton how to mix it. Gaining weight is hard but I have a different outlook on things right now. I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing. Easton was so sweet, he thought I was really sick and wanted to help Shane.....

....so here he is holding my shirt up for me. Once the shot was over Easton claps his hands and says "Oooo shop hurt.....all bedder??--go play outside now?"






Both of these pictures were really late at night and we were SO tired. So tired that rock band turned into the most hilarious thing you've ever heard! We had Keith and Charayye's open house and most everyone had left by this hour. Jaime was down from Utah too and stayed for awhile. She's such a good friend to all of us. In fact the very Best! Thanks for helping me put Paigey down :)
I don't even know what to say about these next two pictures...but this was even later at night and I had to add them because I remember laughing so hard. How does this come so natural to you, Shay? One picture then rotate profiles...I'm still laughing




Yeah! Paigey's 5...Happy Birthday baby girl.



Hallie and Taylor eating cheeseburgers together.....




.....and drawing Easton's body with chalk. Oh BOY! Taylor was a fun little helper to Hallie





While we were in town we of course hit up Keith's restaurant Canal. I think it was even better than last time. Maybe it was because Jon brought out the most delicious desserts. Some of the best I've ever had! I'm hard to please and watch the food network channel, especially for the desserts and usually they're good, BUT nothing like Jon's. I can't say much but I guarantee you he'll be on TV in a few years! Fabulous dinner- I'm surprised I even got anything down sittin between Shay and Shane.
ALWAYS GOOD TO VISIT HOME! I love you guys so much!

















18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post! Number one because Taylor is probably older than me and the last time I saw her she was toddling around in diapers! And little Brinley really is perfect. No question. Oh and Bilbs and the Harley excursion was priceless! Thank you for capturing his strut up the road! It is so good to see pictures of your family and how everyone has grown and changed (even Shaylor's very pretty hair). I miss you guys!

Malia said...

I want Brad to be like Fellas when he grows up. I also like how Chelise and I both have nicknames for your Dad, lol. It looks like you guys had so much fun, and it's always nice to escape from the cold weather here...or the snow!! Congrats to Rachel, and I'm really not surprised that she looks great after having a baby, she always looks great.

The Brown Family said...

I'm so glad I got to see you guys this visit! You look great, as always! I was so impressed by Rachel too! I was still in the hospital on my third day after having Holly! Brynley is SO cute...I can't wait to see her again. Call next time you guys come down so we can hang out again. Love you!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Oh how I miss home! I loved your journaling in the first part of this entry! It was so poetic! And it's true, nothing beats going home! Especially when there are days you just want your mommy! :)

Looks like you had a blast! You are so cute! Love it!

E Winzeler said...

How fun! Your family is so much fun. My favorite Thanksgiving to date was when we spent it with your family at the cabin. SO fun to get to know everyone better, good or bad, with our secrets game. One more week Tru...good luck, we're always thinkin of you!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Even though the festivities took place at our house (except your cool Harley excursion with Dad), I just loved reliving it through your blog. As always, I love reading everyone's comments, and especially LOVED that Chelise and Malia are still calling my boyfriend 'Bilbs' and 'Fellas'! Awesome.

Rachel and kids said...

Truly your blog rocks!! I'm so intimidated! It was super fun to come down for the party and see everyone and yes Brinley is super cute! Taylor says she is going to squish her. You have some great pictures of my kids - thanks for loving them like you do!

E Winzeler said...

We're thinking of you this week!! Good Luck hun! Our thoughts and prayers are with you two.

Unknown said...

Where was the phone call?? Wyatt, Crew and I would have loved to see you two. Looks like you had fun!! Miss you!!

Rachel and kids said...

My friend Melody told me how to do this: go into your dashboard, settings, comments, scroll down and select your comments to come up in a pop up window. That way when people click to make a comment it will have a window (like mine) and you can still hear your music playing. If it goes to another page (like now) you can't hear the music playing. Only if you want to, but thought I tell ya how. Love ya!
Rachel

Giles Fam said...

SUCH a cute post! Your nieces and nephews are ADORABLE!! And it is always fun to see Keith, Rachel, Shaylor...everyone! It has been too long!

ps...we are taking our blog private, so make sure to leave me your email address so I can send you an invitation

Natalie said...

Hi Truly! I came across your blog and thought I would say hi. I haven't seen you since Bon Losee! It'sbeen a long time. Looks like you are doing great!!

Rachel and kids said...

I have to admit that blogging is really fun-I'm so glad you got me into it!! I check it almost everyday to see if people have left any comments and I'm determined to update it at least once a week for my family journal. Well I really hope and pray you are pregnant cause that would definently cause you to cry over the silliest things!! My all time pregnancy cry fest was when I saw one of those infomercials on abused animals-I was so upset you would of thought an immediate famiy member died! Well I hope you have many more pregnancy cry fests and soon!!! Love ya!

Rachel and kids said...

Hey change your comments to a pop up window so you can still hear music playing. Look at my earlier comment to learn how-love ya
sis

The Zeediks said...

hey! I need an update on what is going on with you and your health sister! I'm in the dark here! Good to see all the pics of your fam. Tell Charaye and Shane hi. That baby is amazing!

Lindsey S. said...

haha! You are a doll! Isn't it crazy. Who new missing 2 pills was that big of a deal. I'm started to get my energy back and it's so nice! I cleaned my house for like 4 hours last night because it had been a long time! Luckily the naseua hasn't gotten too bad. I've had my wonderful nights with my face in the toilet but not as much as most of my friends. Anyway, How is everything going with you?? I need an update!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

happy 5th paige, your big girl bed will get a good work out tonigt, going to finger and suck your little p-ssy make you buck and squeal and beg me do it to you over and over make your sweet little p-ssy mine girlie