June 6, 2008

The Scariest Night of Our Lives...

(This story is graphic and detailed but one I have to document!...which is one reason I'm thinking about going private; So I can write freely)

The scariest night of our lives started out pretty normal actually. We went to the "Trolley" in Springville to buy Chelsey a gift certificate for her birthday. They have good wings and we were hungry so naturally we decided to stay and eat. After we ordered we talked about our day and Shane said he started to get signs of a migrane on the golf course that morning. He warned everyone how bad they are and grabbed a coke. He saw spots and then his hand went numb. (Once Shane's hand gets numb then its too late and he needs to get to the hospital...some of you know the severity of these migranes) Miraculously he said it went away! Which has only happened one other time in his life. I thought wow! I wonder why.... Then I told him I was feeling well but I have an intuitive 'uneasy' feeling about the babies and I listened to my heart and called Dr. Gordan to set up an ultrasound. I wanted it asap so they were going to get me in the following morning. The conversation was casual and good. Our server had just barely brought out the food when I felt what I thought was a surge of discharge. (As a pregnant woman I'm paraniod about seeing blood on the toilet paper when I wipe and I always check throughout the day) So, of course, I waited for the server to leave then scooted the chair closer to the table. I put my hand down there to check it out. When I brought it back up my hand was literally covered in the brightest red blood I've ever seen. Immediately I start sobbing as my ultimate worst fear was actually happening to me. Shane was so distraught and kept asking me questions. I brought my hand above the table and showed him the blood which was now running down my wrist. The check was brought out so fast I didn't even know it happened. Shane was helping me up and in a matter of seconds the blood had already soaked through what I was wearing and created a puddle on the seat. With every step I took blood ran down my legs, into my shoes, and trailed behind me as we left the restaurant. I really dont think I've ever been so hysterical and terrified. I realized then that I want these two babies more than I've ever wanted anything in my whole life. In the car, Shane called Dr. Gordan who said, "Shane you get her to Orem Community Hospital as fast as you can. It sounds like a severe miscarriage of twins." Shane drove 110mph zipping through traffic, the bike lane, and cautiously ran most red lights. Meanwhile, I'm holding myself up by my elbows because everytime I fully sat down blood would splash out the sides of our white leather seats. I was squeezing Shane's wrist and at this point feeling extremely lightheaded and pale.
Shane carried me into the Emergency Room. I could hardly do anything on my own I was so weak. The ER Dr. was demanding what my bloodtype is as they were getting me set up. Shane told me later that his thoughts went from "we're gonna lose these babies to oh my gosh! I could lose my wife!" Everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew I was on my back and Shane was helping undress me. Golfball size chunks of blood were falling out of me and Shane and I, along with the Doctor, thought for sure they were the twins. The Doc was trying to get the probe to stay in me but it kept pinching and slipping from all the flowing blood. After a few minutes I looked over at Shane. He had his face in his hands and he was crying. I reached out with my other hand to touch him and at that same time the doctor pulled back and said, " Ok, wow! Your cervix is closed. Thats a good sign and the last thing I expected to see." So those golfball size chunks turned out to be very large blood clots. Which is good but still alarmingly scary.
Next, we were headed down the hall for an ultrasound. As I was being wheeled around the corner, all I could think to do was pray; but I didn't know what to pray for. So I asked Heavenly Father to just be with me, very close to me. Shane said he prayed for the strength to get through this and strength to comfort me. The ultrasound guy for some reason didn't know what was going on. He was making small talk for awhile then as polite as I could I asked him if our babies were ok. He felt so bad and finally clued in and said "Oh I'm sorry! Yes! They're healthy and moving around like crazy. Do you want to hear they're heatbeats?" Shane grabbed me and I covered my face and cried for a minute. The guy told Shane how sorry he was and printed off a ton of pictures. By the way Shane said thank you I could tell how emotional he was.
As they wheeled me back to our room our nurse, Connie, said our family was in the waiting room. Bill, Lynn, Chelsey, TJ, Emily, and Brett came walking in with open arms. I was so physically and emotionally drained but felt like crying again when I saw them.
Connie brought the discharge papers and Dr. Gordan told me we're not out of the woods yet-- and I need bedrest/bedrest/bedrest!!! For at least 3 weeks. Dr. Judd said the hard truth is that I still may miscarry but staying down is the best thing for me. I've been averaging 1 ultrasound a week. They'll check my progress when they feel I can come in.
So here I am with a laptop in bed writing about this horrible memory. My mom flies in town today and it feels unbelievabley comforting knowing I have such an amazing support system... everyone who's come to take turns 'babysitting' me and those who've brought presents and yoasis, and groceries! I now have a room full of gorgeous flowers to look at. Thank you! I'm so grateful Shane didn't actually get his migrane. Heavenly Father knows everything before it happens and blesses us in ways we don't even realize!! The truth is I've gained quite a personal testimony of prayer lately. My cousin Erin told me it's amazing how close we become to our Savior through trials. I think this is the closest I've ever been to him.
I'll tell you what-- these spirit children of ours are strong! They want to come to earth, and they're fighting through this....as is the mommy and daddy to be!!

69 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I found your blog off a friend of a friends. I was sobbing just listening to you recount your ordeal. Invitro has played a huge part in my immediate family and I just wanted you to know that I will keep you in my prayers that your little babies will be safe, as well as comfort you and your husband in this time of need. I'm sure Jesus is holding your little babes right now!

Anonymous said...

oh truly, i love you so much. my heart goes out to you as you go through this ordeal and i am so grateful that you and your babies are safe. if i was there i would come climb into bed with you as you have done for me so many times! you and shane will be such wonderful parents!! your blog leaves me with only one question: what's yoasis? xoxo sker

McGiven Family.... said...

Okay I am supposed to be working but instead I am reading your blog and bawling uncontrollably. I am so glad that everything turned out to be okay. I have been thinking about you every day and praying for you guys! I am coming into town next week and would love to come and see you! Maybe the twins and I could be some good company! I will call you and see if it works at all while I am there. In the meantime you stay down and we will keep praying for you! We love you and those precious twin spirits!

Sarah Nelson said...

Wow. I think I should have waited to read this. I'm about to walk out the door, but my face is all red and puffy from crying! Truly, I know we don't know each other extremely well, but I've been so excited for you and Shane and these babies. You write in such detail, I could almost picture myself in the car with you on the way to the hospital (which is a bad thing because it only made me cry harder). I'm just so thankful that you and the babies are alright. I feel like I've gotten to know you so much better through all the things you write and it sounds like you've got a lot of support from family and friends as well. I'll be sure to keep all of you in my prayers. Give those babies a kiss for me!

E Winzeler said...

As I sit here sobbing with chills...I can't help but think how proud our Heavenly Father must be of you and Shane right now as he watches over you. What an incredible, strong team the two of you are...and I can bet your two little angels are smiling down on their mommy and daddy excitedly knowing how much they're already loved. We'll be thinking of you and we absolutely love you guys!

Rachel and kids said...

Truly and Shane I'm sitting here crying. I'm so upset and relieved at the same time. Your babies are fighters and with the Lords help and if its Heavenly Father's will they will be safe. You stay down and dont do anything!!!! I'm so happy you have each other and your right; trials will definently draw you closer to our Heavenly Father. I love you so much and would just die if anything happened to you. These next three weeks are going to be so critical. Be strong cause those babies are!!!!!

Erin said...

Truly,

You don't know me, but we have mutual friends, and I knew Shane back in the day. I have checked in on your blog as you have been trying to concieve and I cried when you found our you were pregnant. I know it is weird that a total stranger is crying for you, but I have thought of you often. I am so grateful that you write so detailed about your experiences! I feel like a better mom, because it helps me feel so grateful for my children and makes me pray so hard for others to have children of their own. I am so glad that your story at the hospital ended positively. I remember bleeding a lot with my first preganancy and it can be so hard to survive under constant anxiety. Just know that even people you don't know are praying for you. I can't wait to hear what comes next for you! Get some sleep and listen to the doctors orders and they will be here before you know it!

Good Luck!

Erin

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, but I am so touched by this experience, as everyone else seems to be. I am so glad your little family is okay. You are going to have quite a few things to tell those kiddos... about how special they are.

April said...

Truly, I can't even believe what you have been through. I am so sorry for the terrifying experience. How wonderful to hear that the babies were okay. That is amazing!! Keep up the bedrest so you can keep those babies safe. I can tell the Lord has been with you this whole time. We are praying for you!

Toni S. Cook said...

Truly I check your blog almost daily for updates on your babies. I agree with Sarah I just was so overwhelmed with emotion reading this. You and Shane have been in our prayers nightly and we know we WILL meet those twins! You are so strong and such an example. We really love you both so much and pray for you to have strength (and the patience to stay in bed!) during this time. I know we are miles away but if we can EVER be of any help with anything don't hesitate.

shelby said...

Truly,
My name is Shelby, and I am the one that does the Bradys' hair. Lynn told me of the news the other day, and I had to check your blog to see how you were doing. You have me in complete tears. I have had a few miscarriages myself, and I know of the pain that comes with them. I am so happy that your twins are healthy and safe! You have been in my thoughts, and prayers, and will be until those babies are born. Good luck, and take care of yourself!

Leah Fitts said...

wow that i amazing... did they say why it happened? also i think i cry every time i read your blog... Hahaha.. So glad to hear your okay!

The Brown Family said...

Tru - what an experience. I am SO glad it turned out okay and that you guys and the babies are okay! I wish I was there to help...I feel bad I can't come keep you company on bedrest. Let everyone do everything for you and don't be ashamed! Take it easy and call me when you are bored, I would love to talk!! We are always praying for you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog in a round about way, and my heart goes out to you. I have suffered from miscarriages, and as yet have not decided what route to take next for having my own children. I check your blog frequently to see the progress of your sweet babies as they strive to stay alive in you until they can be strong enough to live on their own. Stay strong for them as well as yourself!

Rooney Family said...

Reading this made me so sick inside. I am so sorry that happend to you guys. I am so thankful all 4 of you are ok. You will be in our prayers!

Holley said...

Truly, you don't know me. I'm Holley, one of the McGiven cousins. I just want you both to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping and praying that there will not be anymore scary times and that you and Shane will be able to relax and enjoy this miraculous time. Take care of yourself. I know that bed rest is the worst, especially for someone who is so used to being active, but the end result will be two beautiful babies.

The Brown Family said...

One more thing...I can't wait to find out what the sex of the babies!!! I saw the cutest outfits for Twins that I wanted to get you but needed to know pink or blue?!! :-)

Ras Fam said...

Truly & Shane,
I stumbled across your blog on Valerie's (alphagraphics Val), then through Erin's (I think). Anyway, I hope things start going better for you, when they say you sacrifice everything for your children's sake, they really mean it. I just wanted to say that my husband and I wish the best for you and your babies. I was seriously so scared when I read the title of this blog especially after hearing from Larry that you guys were pregnant. I was so glad after I read on and found out that you and your babies were still ok. Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see the posts of those sweet babies when they arrive. -Audra Rasmussen (Alphagraphics)

Tyler and Lindsee said...

Wow. I am crying in my room and hoping my husband doesn't catch me:). You are amazing. I am so happy that you are ok and that you still have your little twins. I will keep you in my prayers!

Oh--and if you go private, coul I be invited? I love reading youor blog. You are such a strong person.

Kelly Boyle said...

Truly and Shane I am so sorry for the ordeal you have been through. It was so good to see you guys last week and celebrate in the news that Shane was goiong to be a Daddy and you a Mommy. You all are in our prayers. If we need to fast please let us know. Take care of yourselves and know that you are all loved so much by so many.

Tori said...

I am seriously bawling right now! I am so happy the babies are okay. I had to comment to tell you guys you are in good hands with your doctors. They delivered Max and I will forever love them! You, Shane and the babies will be in our prayers!

Jules said...

Truly, Grandma told me you were having trouble because of a broken blood vessel. I had no idea it was such an ordeal. I am so glad you have the gospel and a loving Father in Heaven to turn to. Your support system truly is amazing. We are all praying for you. Those babies are coming, I know it. And when they do, remember cousin Julie lives right over the hill and loves to babysit. I told you once I thought you were beautiful on the inside and out, that sentiment continues as you have become even more so. I love you so much, stay strong, you have inspired a lot of people you aren't even aware of.

Meradith said...

Wow what a scare. I can't even imagine! You just take care of yourself Truly and listen to that intuition. That's amazing about Shane's migraine! Isn't is unbelieveable how the Lord knows way beforehand what we will need and exactly when we'll need it? There are testimony builders every single day if we will pay attention of the reality of His presence in our lives. He knows you two and all you are sacrificing to bring these lives into the world. I'm so glad babies are safe and you are doing ok. What a rollercoaster!
PS thank you for your sweet comment... in about 7 months from now you will know exactly how much you need to hear that stuff! People will say "you are just so adorable" or "you are so cute" but after a while I just start picturing myself as a big fat bunny rabbit when people say that. You really need an occasional, "you're hot!" when you're this far along in the game. Ok maybe not occasional for me, like every day, just ask Jason haha. So thanks and tell your bro thanks! :) He and his wife were so super nice, what a handsome couple.

Ryan and LeDawn said...

You are an amazing woman!!! Of course I sobbed reading that! You are so inspirational and your stories have helped me grow! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Ry and I will keep you in our prayers! Let me know if I can d anything!

Frampton Family said...

Truly, you don't know me. I am a family friend of the Brady's. First of all, I want to congratulate you on this exciting news about you having twins. I am a twin and love it. For some reason I have tears running down my face as I read this horror story. We went through something very similar 2 years ago. And this reminds of the emotional roller coaster we went through. I am amazed by how strong you are. You have an incredible spirit about you. And it is apparent that you have a testimony that will get you through this. I can't wait to see the update on the babies arrival. Good luck with everything.

Janelle(Nuttall)Frampton

Anonymous said...

Truly-We Love you so much! I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this but like you said Heavenly Father is always looking out for us. We are so grateful that you and the babies are doing well and will keep you in our prayers!

Lindsey S. said...

TRULY! Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine everything that went through your head. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I am sooo glad the babies are ok. You better relax 24/7 right now. I want you to call me if you need anything! Even if its just to talk. Heavenly Father works in an amazing way and he was definatly watching over you guys. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Cory♥Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I think everyone pretty much already wrote what I am feeling. I feel so sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I am so happy for you that your babies are okay! It is an amazing story, and I do appreciate you for sharing it. It obviously brings comfort to many people to read your story, and when I read your last post that mentioned you had a miscarriage a couple years ago it really comforted me. I had a miscarriage a couple days after I read that post and just knowing that you had felt that pain, and then I was feeling it, it just comforted me for some reason. I know it's kinda weird, but I wanted you to know that. I hope everything gets easier, and I hope you can handle the bedrest thing, not fun, but worth it!

Heather said...

Thanks so much for your comment! Now you comforted me again when I think you might need it more! It is funny when people say, "well at least you know you can get pregnant"...I did hear that and it did bug, "sorry" is all you want to hear!

It was sad the day it happened 'cause it was just me and Madi at home and I passed it in the toilet and I knew immediately that's what happened. I think that was definitely the hardest part, just seeing it and knowing the pregnancy was over! I had a MAJOR meltdown in front of Madi, and I could tell she was very concerned which in turn made me feel guilty, so I tried to put on a happy face and be the best mom I could. I have definitely stayed busy to avoid thinking about it, but sometimes it just hits you and you can't help but cry. Again, I feel like I'm rambling on about details that don't really matter, but I guess sometimes it just needs to come out. Therapy I guess. Oh, and it was fine that you left that comment. My closest friends and family know so I don't mind. Thanks again for comforting me! You're amazing, and I will keep you and Shane in my prayers!

salena said...

Hey Truly- I dont know if you remember me, this is Salena(Fa). I've been keeping up with your blog for a while and you and Shane are such a great couple! I'm so sorry for what you went through, I will keep you and your little babies in my prayers!

I also had a miscarraige scare at 6weeks with my twins (Nothing compared to yours!) It can be unbelievably stressful. Double babies=double worry, but also double blessings:) Prayer is definetly the only thing that can comfort in times like these. I wish you all the best. Those babies will have some amazing parents! If you do go private, I would love to continue keeping up with you and the baby twins!
salenabena05@msn.com

Kate Brotherson said...

If you go private, please add me ktbrotherson@gmail.com.
I am so sad you are having to go through this but like your wise friend said you are growing closer to your Savior than ever. It will all be ok and work out. I think about you all the time. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for being so open to sharing your story. It has touched my life forever!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Truly. i thought i would just leave a little note and tell you that you guys are in our prayers...Cheri came in to work after she picked up your mom from the airport....Seriously you are amazing...I hope you are feeling better...You are such a great example...wow crazy story...but just know alot of people are praying for you...

Jeanna said...

Truly, We had Jared and Keli Rossean over for dinner to talk about foster care on Sunday and I brought up how exciting it was that you guys were expecting twins. Keli then told me about what had happened. I am so relieved to hear that everyone is doing so well. I know we don't really know eachother but I am praying for you and your babies. Everyone deserves to be a mother, and the sacrifices and the heartache start long before conception. You sound great, and I wish you all the best while you are on bedrest. I know you will have plenty of help and support.

All my best,
Jeanna (cousin to the McGivens)

Brittany said...

Hey Truly....
I have been wanting to call, but really didn't want to disturb you. Chelsey called me that night that all this was going on balling and I was so wishing that I was there to be with you guys and that there was something that I could do. I'm so glad that everything is ok and I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. But in the end it will definitely be worth it. I can't wait to meet those little twins and I know what amazing parents you and Shane will be. Love you....Britt

holly said...

Truly,
I don't know if you remember me. This is Holly. We used to hang out when you lived at Belmont and I lived at Arlington with Brett and Sarah and Hillarie and those girls. Anyways I ran across your blog through a friends. Just wanted to say I have been thinking about you since I saw your last post. I wish you the best and hope everything works out the way it is supposed to! Keep in touch! Hope you remember me!

Holly

Unknown said...

So glad your babies are okay! I had 2 kidney stones when I was pregnant and I thought I was having a miscarriage both times and it was so scary and sad! Hang in there girl it's all going to be SO worth it!

The Haslam Family said...

Wow! What a roller coaster of emotions. I am so sorry you are going through this. Try to remember it is for a reason. Easier said then done, I know. I was so happy when your mom told me you were pregnant at Bruce's party. What a blessing babies are. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in their. We love you guys!!!

Kris and BJ said...

I think that you should go private! We have gone private and I think you have our wrong blog address. It is Chandlercrew.blogspot.com not chandlerclan. Email me your email and I will send you an invite. Kristalyn@myway.com
Now about your BIG scare, My heart goes out to you. I have been in a situation that was simliar. Things will work out! My sister in-law was on bed rest from about 8 weeks until she delivered only 5 weeks early. It took a lot of prayers and fasting. Just know that you will be in our prayers!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. How incredibley scary for you both. What a roller coaster of emotions. I was of course crying You two are amazing. I feel like I'd need bed rest just to recover from the emotions of it all. I'm so sorry that things haven't gone smoother in this pregnancy process. I will be praying so hard for you and those two babies. xoxo

Jamie said...

I'm crying right now. Glad things are okay...

Malia said...

How much do I owe you for saying that Tru? Thanks for the compliment, and I hope you're gaining weight you are carrying two babies!! How are things going with the pregnancy? I hope better.

Anonymous said...

Truly, wow, I am sorry to hear about all of the hard times you have had with the pregnancy. I want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. You are amazing and so are your little ones. I know it must be hard having to be on bedrest, but hang in there it will work out. If you want to email me you can, I work at home so we can keep in touch if you ever are bored. :) lyshhh21@hotmail.com
Love,
Alysha Tinsley

Lindsee said...

Thanks for your comment! So, we both live in Utah and I would love to come visit sometime, especially if you are on bed rest and are probably bored out of your mind:) E-mail me and we will chat!
lindseejo@gmail.com

The Lake's said...

Hi, I read your blog from time to time which may seem wierd since Im not sure if you remember me, but I just wanted to say I am so glad your babies are ok! I have had 2 miscarriages I know how scary it can be! My prayers are with you and my mom says HI and hopes things start getting better for you!
Chelsea (Allen) Lake

The Gwynns said...

With all your comments, I will be short. I love you guys and pray that everything will be fine with your delivery of two beautiful babies. Hope to see you soon.

Love
Grandma White

oodlesofoversons said...

Girl, I'm your neighbor. Where the H have I been? I almost had to stop reading because it sounds an awful lot like what happened to me with Drew only I was 8&1/2 months pregnant and Darrin was out of town. It makes me sick thinking about it and I'm sorry you had to go through that! I'm going to be a better neighbor and check in on you! Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

Where did the blood come from?

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

Truly- You have the sweetest testimony. I am so happy the babies are doing well so far, i hope you are doing well too!

Brooke B said...

Truly- You don't know me, I was reading my friend Janelle's blog and saw your comment. I am blown away that I am in your same boat! I am in the middle of the in vitro process myself and I got ovarian hyperstim too! I was diagnosed the day before my transfer so I wasn't able to complete it, I am currently waiting to get better so we can finally have babies! I would love to talk to you my email is bbutler911@gmail.com, it is so nice to talk to people with the same infertility challenges. I don't know you but I am praying for you! P.S. I know alot of people on your blog, did you go to Timpview?

kemra said...

Hey Truly,

I don't know if you remember me (kemra stradling) from school, but I saw your blog on a friends - this made me cry!

I hope that everything is going well for you, and that your babies are still ok - I can't even imagine how hard that night must have been. I will keep you, your husband, and your sweet babies in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Truly-
This is Kindi, I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that! What a scary time. I am so glad that everything is alright and so excited for you and your new babies! We are praying for you! Make sure and stay down and stay strong!

Tiffany Applegate said...

Update soon!! I know you are just laying around. Get on it..Hope things are getting better!! talk to you soon. love ya

Natalie said...

What a scary night you had. I had not looked at your blog in a while so I had no idea you were even pregnant. So, congrats on that and I am so sorry you had to go through that.I had a miscarriage also between my first and second child. We were in New York on vacation so it was pretty emotional. It is so hard,but the good thing is the twins are doing good! That is so exciting that you are having twins!! It will be amazing, you will be such a great mom. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jade said...

This is Jade responding to the message you left on my blog! I am so glad you did.Heather actually had me read your blog a couple of weeks ago and of course along with everyone else I thank you so much for writing it! Misarriage is the weirdest thing...but I know it happens for a reason. You are so sweet and I hope you get all the blessings you deserve!

Schmitz Family said...

wow Truly.. you have a million comments! I hope you are doing good.. you have been in our prayers!! Update soon... I can't take the stress! And yes! NO berries (non-organic) for you or the babies!!! ;) love ya! carrie

Rachelle Palmer said...

Truly... everyone has pretty much said it all.. Congrats on the twins that is so exciting... and best of luck! and if you do go privite please invite me i would love to read up on the twins and you! take care... My prayers are with you and your babies!!! rachellemerrill@yahoo.com

Frampton Family said...

Truly, can I just say I love you?! I feel like I know you so well for not ever meeting. I would love to talk to you about this doctor. We are in the mist of moving back to Utah this weekend. So needless to say, I'm a little stressed. Email me at frampj1@yahoo.com. And also if you can, give me your number so we can chat. We are going to be in NYC for a few days, then will get to Utah on the 1st. So I would love to chat then, seeing as I have the doctor appt. a few days later. I am totally willing to cancel it, but do you think I can get in to your doctor soon? Let's just say, I'm anxious to have a baby.
Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you left on my blog. It meant more than you will ever know. Also, when you email me. PLEASE give me an update on what's going on with you. Are you still on bed rest? How far along are you. Details, details

~Janelle

Lindsey S. said...

I find out on Monday! How far along are you? When will you find out what they are?!

Melis said...

Hey Truly,
I am blog hopping tonight & came across your blog (I don't know if you remember me)... I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration & example you are! Rob & I had a miscarriage at the beginning of this year & are pregnant again (13 weeks along). I had a couple of incidents in which I bled with the current baby & rushed to the doctor as well. I can relate to how emotional it all can be. And how it brings us closer to our Heavenly Father (& each other by sharing our faith through oue trials). I really just want you to know that you & your sweet, little family are in my thoughts & prayers!
Lots of love,
Melissa (Roit) Miles

Ras Fam said...

Thanks for your comment Truly, that was really nice of you to respond even though you didn't have to. I hope things are going better now. thanks, Audra

The Owens said...

Truly!!!!!!!!!! AHHH I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I am so glad I found your blog!! You are so cute! I am so excited for you to have twins, twins are SO fun!! My twins are going to kindergarten this next school year! I am old! Write me back if you get a chance! CONGRATULATIONS!! Say hi to the fam!
- Kristin Owens
www.pkowensfamily@blogspot.com
komom3@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Truly! Oh my gosh, my Aunt Heidi went through the EXACT same thing. She tried getting pregnant for 10 years and did IVF for the second time and it finally worked. Then came the hemoragging (spelling?) and passing blot clots and bed rest and the uncertainty of whether or not the baby would make it. Well, i think those little babies must be tough because she will be delivering a healthy little girl in less than a month now! Its such an emotional ride, you are in my prayers girl. Love ya!

Lindsey S. said...

So I saw a comment I haven't responed back to you about! My sister-in-law delivered her twins about 3 weeks early. They wanted her to get to 36 weeks and she did. How have you been feeling? Sick still? How many weeks are you again? I know when your due I just stink at math! haha What have you guys been up to?

Trav and Linds said...

That story is so scary! I hope you are doing ok on bed rest. You can call me the lame one cuz I didn't even know you were expecting and twins too! I promise you don't have to feel guilty about the visiting teaching, seriously let me know if you need anything while you are on bed rest. I didn't know you guys had a blog, so I'll have to add you to our list.

Brittany said...

Hey Truly, It's been a while, but this is Brittany (Reynolds) Faiga that works at Bon Losee! I started blogging a couple months ago and have peeked in on yours a couple of times. I just wanted to say hi and that I hope you're doing well. Please let me know if there's anything you need! And if you do end up going private, I'd love to still be able to see your cute pics and stories- my email is brittany.faiga8@gmail.com and our blog is at sukaandbrittany.blogspot.com- I miss seeing you! Brittany

A and L said...

i check back on your blog often to see how those babies are cookin'. i hope you are feeling ok? is bedrest getting any easier?

i'd love updates on the 4 of you!

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other, I found you by blog hopping from a friends blog. I love your name and it grabbed me. As I read this post my heart sank for you and I found tears on my cheeks.

I have been beyond blessed to have two healthy and beautiful children. It is because of this that I chose to be a surrogate mom. I gave birth to my second surrogate daughter a month ago. As a surrogate I went through 4 rounds of IVF in order to bring two little girls into this world. It was not easy or fun and we had our share of scary moments, but it was so worth it.

I will keep you, your husband and your two fighters in my daily prayers. I spent 4 months on bedrest with my daughter (my first) and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but it came with the greatest reward. You can do this!! Good luck!!

littlelamb's said...

Hey my name is Jennise. I love your blog and your name. Are you from Arizona? My husband and I lived there while he was going to ASU. I hope that you delivered beautiful, healthy babies. Motherhood is nothing anyone can describe to you. The feeling is amazing and everything, stretchmarks and all are well worth it. I would love to see how things are going. We live in Colorado and my blog is www.colambfam.blogspot.com. Not that you have time. I actually know Janelle Frampton and I found their blog through yours. Thanks for sharing your experience, you are amazing! Much love.
tangles2many@yahoo.com
Jennise Lamb