August 2, 2008

Results are in...DRUMROLL please.....

It's a BOY!!!! and a GIRL!!!!

We can't believe it. I really felt it was two girls and Shane was confident in two boys. Not that that's what we were hoping for, it's just what we thought. Although I think deep down we both thought it was two girls. I remember before we even told anyone we were pregnant we sat at the kitchen table and wrote on scrap paper our 'secret ballads' of what gender we thought. When we swapped....we both wrote down two girls. We were so wrong! Shane and the guy high fived each other when they saw the package on baby A. (Shane says, "look at that! He's measuring 7 weeks bigger!") He was so proud! Then when he told us baby B was definitely a girl, I started crying. I'm getting my little girl!!!!!!!! ........But then I'm also getting a sweet boy-- I think this is absolutely perfect for us!!

30 comments:

The Ayers Family said...

WOW! That's awesome! We're so excited for you! Talk about CRAZY! It's a given that every child is different, but having twins, of either sex, will be like living two totally different lives all at the same time! I'm slightly jealous...
So glad to hear you're getting out and about now!
~Kayci

Giles Fam said...

Holy Cow!!! How perfect is that!? How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys. It's always nice when you get to find out the gender--somehow it makes it seem more real. CONGRATS! Oh, and just wondering...but how was this different from what you thought? What did you think they were?

The Brown Family said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! I was so hoping you would have one of each. Now we both have one of each at the same time...who would have thought! :-) I can't wait to buy them cute stuff and see them!! Keep the fun posts coming and enjoy this time...only a few months left!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Oh Truly! That is so exciting! Congrats!!!

I keep you in my prayers! Let us know if I can do anything!

I see my doctor this week. If he is unwilling to help me then i will talk to you about getting into your doctor!

Oh I am SO excited for you!!! WAHOOO!

PetersonFam4 said...

YEAH! I had a feeling that was what you were having. What a wonderful blessing. What is your due date? Truly I am so happy for you and Shane. I have seriously been coming on here like every couple of days waiting to hear what you’re having. Such wonderful news. I hope the good news keeps coming and all continues to get better the rest of your pregnancy. I love you. Trina Oh.. Just interested.. do you have names? If so, do you want to share?

Unknown said...

Yeah!! That is such exciting news...We are so happy for you guys. I hope everything is going well. You are always in our prayers. You get a cute little girl before us..I am jealous! When is your due date???

McGiven Family.... said...

Ya!!!!! Congratulations that is such great news! I love that you are having both, that is so great! I am glad things continue to go well! We love you guys!

Jamie and Preston said...

Congrats you two! That is so exciting! We can't wait to meet these amazing little spirits! We love you both!

stacy h. said...

congrats!! a boy and girl is perfect, best of both worlds!! i am so excited for you and shane.

~estherlynn~ said...

YAY!!!! I am so so so so excited for you guys! I can't tell you how awesome it is to have both a little girl and boy now. Your hearts will melt for both of them :) I love you guys- CONGRATS!!

juliespahr said...

WOW!! Congrats you two!! What a perfect way to start your family!! Can't wait to here your names of choice!! We keep you in our prayers and can't wait to meet baby A and baby B!!!
Jules

Kelly Boyle said...

Hey guys, We are so excited for you. That is great, Shane can have his little golfer and Basketball player, and you can have your little dancer and princess. You guys will be great with them both. You have been in our prayers and we hope and pray that things continue to go well with you and the babes.

Grandma G said...

I have a suggestion. Lets have a family contest to see who can come up with names for the twins. I make the suggestion of RICHARD AND RACHEL.

Just a suggestion. Love you both so much.

Grandma G

Toni S. Cook said...

Haha I just read Grandma's suggestions. Funny, Matt has some name suggestions for the babies too... Paul for the boy, Pierce for the girl. I'm not supporting that, just letting you know his opinion:) We are so excited for you! HOW FUN! I've always thought that would be the best, a boy and a girl. So fun.

The Garlock's said...

That is so exciting, and I hope things continue to do well for you two. What a dream come true congrats!

Tinsley said...

YEAH! Truly that is so exciting. I really am so happy for you and Shane. I hope the rest of this journey is a smooth one for the 4 of you.

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Truly Bug, I'm sitting in my hotel room in Portland, Maine. We had such a great time this past week and a half in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Maine. This is the first time I've had to check your blog. We were so excited when you called with the news...we were in Nova Scotia at the time eating some really delicious fish and chips! I honestly thought you were having a boy and girl the whole time. I just knew it. I love Grandma G's suggestion for everyone to guess or suggest their names! I'll think about it and let you know. This computer is dying. Got to go. Love You. Mom

Malia said...

Yay! How fun, it's like the best of both worlds. I want to hear your name suggestions!

Tiffany Applegate said...

Truly I'm so happy for you guys!! That is so amazing... A little truly and a little shane... I think this is so perfect!!

Hope things just keep getting better everyday!!

Ras Fam said...

Congratulations! Now you get the best of both worlds.

Ras Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is the ideal situation. You get two pregnancies over with in one and you get the boy and the girl. You're killing birds here with one stone! Congrats on the wonderful news!

Heather said...

How fun! You get your mama's boy and your daddy's girl in one fell swoop! I am so excited for you, and I hope things continue to get better and easier for you!CONGRATS!

E Winzeler said...

You deserve the perfect news of a BOY and a GIRL!!!! What a blessing to have the best of both worlds...it's about time wouldn't you say?!?!? So excited for you guys! Hope you're doing well. We missed you the other night at dinner! XOXOXOXO

bettina said...

congrats truly and shane!! what a dream come true! hope you continue to feel good and the pregnancy runs smoothly!! good luck with everything!

Lindsey S. said...

You can't get any better then that!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!

The Owens said...

YAY Congrats Truly!! JUST LIKE ME!

The Zeediks said...

I could not be more obsessed with this news!!!!!!!! So happy for you two. Keep up the good work. You look great. Now eat up!!!!!!! It's a free ticket.

Anonymous said...

oh well 1 p=ssy is better than 0