January 26, 2010

Sending HOPE to HAITI

ATTENTION:
....we need your donations!

My friend, Brittany, is going to Haiti with her husband and mother in law on Friday. The two pictures on the right are overwhelming. Click on the one with the children to read about her personal recent experience she had over there and for ways you can help. The events have been and still are tragic and appalling and they need us! As I mentioned in my post below these perfect strangers really are our brothers and sisiters. What better time to send our love than now. Brittany and Grant leave on Friday so they will need all donations by Thursday evening. I want to make it very clear that I don't want to take any credit away from Brittany. I just want to help get the message out so they can bring those baby children as much as they possibley can. I've been in contact with my Pediatrician, Dr. Wynn, who is also helping out. Brittany and Grant are asking for a few major neccessities to keep these babies, some of whom are now orphans, alive:

Infant powder formula
Infanct/childrens tylenol, motrin, (costco bulk size)

Please to what you can. Whether you know me from reading my blog or not I will accept any calls, day or night. In the midst of such a crisis, even one bottle of formula will help ease some of the hunger of a child. Brittany will be there to see their faces when she hands them food. She will give them hugs. Too often we take for granted the power of a hug. It can be significant. A hug can make you feel connected, supported, loved. Something these children, I assume, have forgotten how to feel. A hug can break down barriers that sometimes words cannot do. It can speak more than any words can say. It especially kills me to think of these children who have lost everything and everyone they know. Their world as they know it has come crashing down. Just like that...and they are left alone. I canot even write about my feelings on this subject. simply because there just arent any words; only an overload of vehement emotions.

Please call me if you can help
Truly: 801-836-3368

Thank you Brittany and Grant for being the Lords Hands and reaching out. God Bless you on your journey. Thank you to my sister in law, Emily, who has put me in contact with Brittany and giving me this awesome opportunity to help.

1 comment:

emily+brett said...

great post!! i think blogging is an immense way to spread the word. hopefully all who can help will!! those babies need everyone's selflessness right now!