May 27, 2010

"Can I workout too, Mommy?"


On the mornings I don't run or bike, Shane and I get up early and we work out together. Then we get ready and eat breakfast. I have been loving this time with just my boy and myself. Yesterday was an exception, however. Towards the end of our workout we heard happy screams and talking through the baby monitors. The ladybugs woke up earlier than normal.  So Shane brought them down and they were fascinated by all the jumping and energy. They couldn't keep their hands off me and I was almost done! I determined the workout must go on....with them as my weights :) 




Honestly, I was sweating buckets. Seriously. I can't believe you can't tell in these photos. I just collapsed at the end after my pushups. I only got through 10 pushups with Lindsey because I wasn't using my knees. Ashton was crawling under me like I was a bridge each time I came up and it was putting Lindsey in stitches while she laid on my back.

6 comments:

The Moons said...

Hey truly!! Your blog is adorable! what a darling little family!! I can totally relate to the working out with a child on you! Britton thinks its wonderful when I am on the floor with him moving around doing my pilates! You look great :)

Unknown said...

The same exact thing happens at our house too! Gotta love the little ones....so I haven't heard back from you about CA? What did you guys decide?

Toni S. Cook said...

You look FABULOUS!!! I swear you look skinnier than when I left a couple weeks ago and you looked great then too! Dang, what are you doing??

Keith and Charayye said...

I love the look on Ashton's face how she is looking at you! Really cute! I think that's awesome you and Shane will do that together! You really do look good!!!

The Brown Family said...

this was the exact same scene at my house this week! travis sat on my back while i did pushups and i could barely get off the ground!! hey, at least they are helping us, right??? :)

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

That's called dedication! Geez Tru! How fun for the littles.