I just realized as I jumped on the computer to do a new post that I never documented Fourth of July. It's one of my very favorite Holidays and I love dressing for the occasion. I took so many many pictures but to save time I'm just going to throw some good ones onto the blog as its three months past due and my thoughts are on a different post. Carrie Underwood was fantastic at Stadium! I'll include a video or two of her singing.
She loves looking at herself in the mirror and had no idea I was snapping pictures. There were about ten funny ones to pick from.
July 4, 2010
Sunday church picture
It's been years since I went to the fourth of July parade. I think I forgot how crazy and serious people were about saving spots the night before. Spots weren't allowed to be saved until 3pm Sunday afternoon on University Avenue (parade was the following morning) Chelsey and I drove down at 4pm to scout out an area. It was a full on ZOO!! We couldn't stop laughing at the fact that it had only been an hour since spots became available! Fine by us we wanted a spot on Center street anyway. Well turns out the spots on Center street weren't up for grabs until 5am.....AM?! I saw a policeman and talked to him. He was throwing blankets and chairs in his trunk and hauling them off to D.I. He said if we even think about saving spots before 5am our stuff will also be at D.I. Laughing again, we headed home. I felt like I needed some GI Joe attire to go back to that maze. Long story short, Shane went down at 1am and paid a few college kids and offered breakfast to save our spot. We showed up the next morning approximately 10 minutes before the parade and had front row seats on the shady side of the street! It was perfect!! We later found out their last name was Brady, we were related. It was pretty funny! We worked out a deal with them and every year we get the same awesome treatment in the same awesome spot! Love meeting relatives :)
See mom, look how insane crowded it was.
We don't mess around when it comes to curious george floats, loud fire trucks, and high school marching bands!
Happy Fourth!
Ours was wonderful, as always!







2 comments:
We need to come up for the 4th of July next year, for sure! Whoa, Carrie Underwood can really belt it out! LOVED the pics of Ashton looking at herself in the mirror! OMG!
Truly I love your dress you wore to church, and the belt. You look so good in red.
Post a Comment