March 30, 2008

"You're Gonna Miss This"

I know I've already added to my blog today and it's very late, but I just heard a song that made me re-prioritize things and I immediately wanted to sit down and write.
It's so important for us to understand that happiness is not the destination, it's the journey. The sooner we realize this the better off we'll be.
You don't find eternal happiness when you graduate from school, or buy a new house, or get a new car. You dont find happiness when your face clears up or when you lose some weight either. My point is this: every time you reach a specific destination another journey begins. LIFE is one continuous journey reaching many destinations. We don't all look at life through the same telescope so where ever you find that you are I hope you're content and happy. Some of us will never stop looking. Some of us will go through life opening doors in search for 'something else'. My mom once wrote a book for me with this bit of information in it: She says "....your life is yours to live as you choose. As you continue along your journey, please enjoy the ride." I've added the song "You're Gonna Miss This" to my playlist- if it's not already playing; please take a minute and check it out. Obviously it touched me. I hope I made sense; as I am deep in thought at this late hour. I am at peace for my heart has confimed to me, as it has many times before, I am content and happy. Although because we are human, sometimes life AND living in this world can be so harsh-- it's these times I have to remind myself what's really important and slow down to Enjoy my Ride....

7 comments:

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

It took me years to figure out that happiness is not the destination, it's the journey. I love the lyrics to Josh Groban's song 'Believe', ...Trains move swiftly to their journey's end, destinations are where we begin again. It's so true! It's really marvelous when we finally understand. I'm trying to enjoy the ride too, Tru. Love, Mom

Brittany said...

So true!!! This is even more real after you have kids, because moments go by so fast. All of a sudden they are 2 and you think where has the time gone. What happened to my little baby. You really have to remember to cherish every moment. With everything that we go through, there are so many moments that make it all worth it, the good and the bad. Its just something that we have to constantly remind ourselves. Love ya hun!!!

A and L said...

The blue paint is from sherwinn williams. I'm pretty sure it's indigo, I'll double check for you.

The top post of swimsuits are all designer, the navy one is ferragamo.(sigh) The bottom post is all ones from reasonable places. urban, retrodress.com, nordstrom.

Kass Martin said...

So true. Thanks for that. I love a good uplifting comment to inspire. I am going private with our blog so if you would like to stop by and check it out would you leave your email address in a comment? or will you email me at kitkassbar@yahoo.com Thanks a million!!

Meradith said...

Hey Truly! You are right on, I read a talk the other day that made me think about some of those things called "The Joy of Repentance." I started thinking about how interesting that title really is because repentance is so hard and CONSTANT. Perfectionism can be a literal hell on earth but striving towards perfection and learning to love the personal triumph along the way is one of life's great lessons. Interesting paradox. Anyway, you look great! Oh, and your mom left a really nice comment on our blog a while back so thank her for us!

The Zeediks said...

You are so great Truly. This is so so so true and I'm glad to be reminded of it. I can always count on you for good insight to life.

natalie said...

TRUE!!!!
It's Nat Tyler! I have been stocking you now for a few months and thought that I would say hello! I need you to play with me and act crazy and pee our pants. Email me when you have some time.. have a few questions for ya and where and what you have been doing lately. curlupanddye82@yahoo.com

talk to you soon
nat