August 26, 2008


20 wks
The Dr. said my tummy is measuring about 25-26 wks for a singleton pregnancy. So I'm right on for twins. Its been so neat having them kick around so much! I think the girls are on the same sleeping schedule. Which means when they're awake it's double the kicks and it feels like they come from all angles. Sometimes 3 or 4 kicks at the same time. Hilarious!
I'm a bit down tonight. Our annual family vacation officially starts tomorrow.....LAKE POWELL! We've been debating about whether or not we are going and recently we decided we were in. BUT last minute we pulled the trigger and told everyone it's a no-go. We've put so much work into getting these babies and if anything were to happen it's not worth it. This just isn't our year.
Have fun guys- hope we will be missed!!!

18 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Sorry you have to miss out this year but hey the reward at the end is more than worth it! The kids will thank you next year when they get to enjoy the trip with you! Love you guys, sorry we missed you at Pebble.

emily+brett said...

I need to start doing this! It is such a cute idea. I'm only afraid I will not be near as good as you and miss alot of weeks:)

emmielou said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever! I would say woo hoo you are half way there at 20 weeks but with twins I guess that is more than half right? I read your post about finding out it's 2 girls and I am so excited for you. I can only imagine how adorable those little girls are going to be dressed. I love when they are tiny with matching outfits. Good call on staying home from Lake Powell. I bet you guys are sad but you are totallly right it wouldn't be worth it if something happened. Plus you wouldn't want to stress about it, my mom always tells me not to stress because it's one of the worst things you can do for the baby. Anyway, you are so dreamy. Sounds like you had an amazing birthday too!

{Brittany} said...

Oh my word... 1st you look amazing and 2nd I feel you lake powell pain! It was possibly one of the funnest things we did together! Miss ya.
deet

Keli said...

You look so cute. Jared said you need our blog address it is rosseans.blogspot.com Hopefully we can all get together soon I miss all you guys

Erin said...

Oh my gosh Tru you are the CUTEST pregnant lady ever! I am so excited for you! having twins is like my dream one day! Im so happy for you guys! I cant believe you guys are missin Lake P this year! So sad! Well hope all i well for you guys! Love ya!

Erin said...

haha nope no one has ever said that but thats funny! she is so cute i love her!! i cant believe you are having girls! its gonna be so fun! i love dressing eden and mae up and doing their hair and nails! its so much fun! girls are the best! Oh and you do know that name trulyscrumpcakes comes from my company name that i kinda named after you! your cake was the first one i ever did and my mom was all "lets do something with Truly's name in it!" so that we could put it on the cards and it would be super cute with your wedding! and its a hit! haha name suggestions....i love the names Kennedy and Macy!! let me know what ya think!

E Winzeler said...

Your little bump rocks! So freekin cute! Already you're an incredible mommy...bed rest for months...no Lake Powell...way to put those little gals first! I'm totally impressed, they're lucky to have you! I'm so grateful everything is going well for you! Hope you had a wonderful birthday and you know how much you're loved!

Mimi and Papa said...

I know this is a random comment but I just couldn't look and not leave a comment. I was looking at my daughters blogs and I ran across yours. Truly, I have never met you but have known Shane for about 15 years. My daughter's are Lisa, Nicole, Tori, Jenny, and Jessica. You are so "BEAUTIFUL" and Shane so "Handsome". You are just an amazing couple. I am so excited for you. It sounds like you have been through so much. Bless you! Everything you have gone through will be so worth it the minute you see those beautful little girls. There is nothing as special as little girls. My five daughters and one son are such a blessing to me. Well, just know I am going to keep peeking so I can see when your adorable babies arrive. I will keep you in my prayers. Good Luck with everything! Love...Launa Thompson

Brittany said...

You look so cute pregnant...but thats not a surprise. I'm sad that I didn't get to see you when I was up there, but it was such a quick trip with so much going on. Hopefully I will be up there again soon though, for a much longer trip this time, wink wink.
You top is so cute in this picture and your idea is cute. I totally just avoided pictures of me when I was preggars although it was nicely documented with all the weddings. We totally need to plan a girls trip for all the girls, even just a weekend up in Park City would be so fun.

Bryce and Brit said...

Congrats on your twins. I have been meaning to comment on your blog and add you to our friend list but i have been the worst blogger ever. it's so exciting that you are having 2 girls. Shane's world is going to turn upside down. You are both going to love it! You look so beautiful. I was bumbed to hear the name Cash is getting so popular. We were going to name our 3 year-old Sailor "Cash" if she would have been a boy. Ohh Well!!
Take care of those babies!
Brit

Masters Of Disasters said...

I'm so glad that you are doing so good. Congrats on TWO GIRLS that is so fun. I have twin girl cousins, and they are the best of friends. Take it easy and we'll keep praying for you and your babies health.

Anonymous said...

Heeey Truly-Bug!! What a gorgeous mommy you already are!! I hope I'm half as lovely as you when I'm ready to have babies.. You look so happy and gracious! I love it =)
So you're having girls?!
Wow.. Lucky!!
Your babies are bound to be beautiful~ I'll definately have to make a trip to Utah to visit you & meet them!!
It's so great to hear from you regularly now that I've started a blog! I love visiting your page to see your progress!
;)

So I was in Cali just for the day at Raleigh Studios.. (where they're filming the new 90210 by the way!) I'm doing another show, It'll be on E! and had to do a test shoot. Matt had his kids, so I went on my own. While there, I got to help put on the new "Peach Pit" decals & got a tour of the lot.. It was pretty neat!
Anyway.. Keep enjoying every single moment right now mama!!
Love you!!
T
























1

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Gosh Truly, I just love reading your blog and seeing your updated pictures. You have no idea. First off, that was so nice of that one gal named Laura to comment (she knows Shane), and I loved hearing from T!! Emily A. commented earlier on a previous entry. I really enjoy reading everyone's comments. Well, I have to tell you that you made the absolute right decision in NOT going to Powell. You wouldn't have survived. Even though we had the air on most of the time, it was still hot and you would have been so uncomfortable. Paigey got sick one day, and so did little Brin Brin. All in all we had a fantastic week, but I'm seriously glad you didn't come. WE MISSED YOU THOUGH!!!!! I won't tell you about all our escapades, like the treasure hunt we went on with the 150 year old map that the girls found in a bottle. It washed up on our shore. Can you just imagine that? They had to find Turtle Island for the first clue, then go through the Sands of Death via the Shadow of Weeds, and then on to the Hot Springs. The pirate's map said 'Be ye warned and proceed with caution', which the girl's didn't take lightly ..well, I'll tell you, it was pretty exciting when they found 3 treasure chests hidden in the hollow of a giant rock that some pirates left. Why, it was just incredible, just incredible I tell you. I could hardly stand it, it was so amazing. One of my favorite events of the whole trip. And then there were the crafts that we made. Don't worry, I made each of your babies a Lake Powell sea shell Christmas ornament. It'll be their 'Babies first Christmas ornament before they're born ornament'. Oh yeah, we thought of you all the time we were having fun!! But seriously, good call on not going. Your 'baby bump' looks so dang cute!!! Love you lots!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Hey, I just figured out that gal named Laura is Jenny Thompson's mom. You know, your friend Jenny that I see at Mango's every now and then. Jenny married Wyatt! They probably had their baby by now. Do you know?

Kate Brotherson said...

Truly, I love your belly. It is still so little. You look so good. Thanks for updating so often so I can see you. I love that you are having two GIRLS. I love having my girls. They are best buddies and have so much fun playing together.

Katlyn Papa said...

You look amazing still! We missed you guys at the lake, but your mom is right it really was pretty dang hot! My feet swelled up pretty large every single day! You truly have one of the most amazing families that I have ever met! Katlyn had so much fun, and your parents always made her feel like one of the girls. Keith was such a highlight for Katlyn too. Playing hide and seek in the dark on the houseboat, and him coming through the window was the best for them. The treasure hunt was another success too! We had so much fun!

natalie todd said...

Tru... Happy Late B-day! I really did remember your bday, on the 25th right? Your golden one! I was thinking of you. Looks like you had so fun celebrations! I'm dying about your cute belly. These twins are going to be adorable. I am so excited for you!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. You put it well... it was very humbling and yes it was like a 2nd honeymoon for us. It was a great experience.