I know I just updated yesterday with a ton of pictures but I feel the need to type. I've just poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father on my sisters behalf. Yesterday Rachel and her family was hit with a huge blow. It was shocking news to say the least and I feel all kinds of emotions; one of which is anger. I'm trying not to be angry because I know where that feeling comes from. I just don't understand how people can be so selfish and cruel. Sometimes it's mind boggling to know that we chose to come here to earth fully knowing what lies ahead. What strong spirits we were! ....If Rachel can only feel that strong now. I want to scream out "life isn't fair" but I know thats only Satan whispering in my ear promoting feelings of guilt and encouraging me to judge others. This life really is a test and at such trying times our 'vision' of why we're here gets clouded or dimmed by immediate demands. I believe that our mortal experience is all about vision. And vision is determined by faith. My sister has a wonderful husband who values his priesthood and I know his head is spinning as he feels a magnitude of pressure. Yet Allen is the type of man who will draw closer to the Lord at a time like this. He has an attitude of reverence about him and on a positive note, Rachel is blessed to have a strong spiritual leader as the head of their home. I understand how odd it is to ask for sympathy on a blog but for those of you who know Rachel and Allen and their 7 children please remember them in your prayers. I have a testimony of prayer and believe every sincere prayer is answered. On a personal note...how perfect the Savior really is. I want to be like him. My favorite primary song is "I'm trying to be like Jesus" With tears surfacing I realize I have so much work to do. I love you Rachel. Life isn't fair but if you give it your best shot the Lord will make up the difference. Everything eventually really will work out. Our Father in Heaven knows the end from the beginning. Continue to have faith and keep trusting in him. You are heavy on my thoughts and blessed in my prayers. Love, Truly
August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
our thoughts and prayers will be with you. a month ago, our family took a major blow as well. my SIL was diagnosed with very rare and very advanced cancer. Her 4 children and my brother are doing their best to stay close to the Lord, but sometimes it is hard to not listen to those discouraging words of those without faith and Satan's loud whisperings.
Be strong for your sister and cry when you are alone. It's the only way to do it and come out on top.
Please let me know if you need a sympathetic ear, I'm happy to listen.
She will be in my prayers. This is a very inspiring post, sometimes it just feels good to get it out. You are a strong person to realize the need to ignore the temptation to feel anger--that is beyond difficult to do. All our love to Rach and her family.
nothing hurts me more than hearing about families taking a "big blow". They are most definitly in our prayers and if there is anything that can be done to ease the burden let me know. :)
You have a real gift of expressing yourself Truly. Thank you for this beautiful post. People can be so selfish. Everything is going to be alright. I know it. You're so special.
Truly that was beautiful. Thank you! I need everyone to know that we are healthy and happy. Out of a crappy situation we are finding the blessings! Crazy how the Lord works! Things will work out because they always have. Blessings and growth come from trials. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Out of big blows shall come BIG BLESSINGS RIGHT?!!!!!!
like rach said "healthy and happy"! what a strong sister you have. the pics below show how happy her little {or not so little} family are and nothing can take them down. but they will still be in my prayers.
A follower from a far. Blessings to you all.
First I will comment on this post for Rachel and her family! She is such a strong woman and Allen is such a strong man, nothing can bring them down! Great post! Now for the pics below, they are so fun! I will have to say one of my favs is the one of Lindz with the devistated look on her face on your Pebble post! I really did laugh at that one! Just another classic Linny face! Fun post Tru! Oh and I love the group one of us up the canyon! Turned out cute!
I wanted to post a quick comment about the post for your dad's birthday! You have some great pictures! He is such an AMAZING individual! Like I have said before, I LOVE the family I married into:)
Post a Comment