August 2, 2010

"shoo shoo shoooo"


Tonight as I was picking up after the bugs went to bed I found random shoes all over. A green one in the basement, a yellow in the bathroom, two jellies in the kitchen, and one white puma out back. I got to thinking: I wonder how shoes the girls are missing... how many shoes do the girls have complete sets of? So I hunted up what I could...these are the girls summer shoes. (minus the pink boots) They all currently fit...as I just boxed up quite a few shoes they grew out of :( After collecting them tonight, I discovered I'm still missing six sandals and that one gold ballet flat. Its difficult keeping track of 2 pairs of the very same shoe. I feel like I'm picking up the same shoe all day long when in fact there are three other look alikes to that very one.

Miss Lindsey Chase has a special passionate love for shoes. She wants to wear a different pair all.the.time. She kicks and stomps and demands a new shoe everytime I turn around. It's usually a very dramatic freakout to get the shoes off followed by a very tender kiss when the new pair are on. She is one impatient; sassy little spirit. We can go through more shoes than I want to count and turn the bedroom upside down in only a few minutes. She usually ends up satisfied with just one shoe on. Ashton likes to trade shoes too, but she gets sidetracked when she sees a hat or sunglasses. Today when Lindz fell to the floor kicking her current shoes off, Ash ran to the closet and brought out another pair hoping it was one Lindsey approved of. She was so excited Lindsey was accepting the shoes she was bringing her. She clapped her hands and screamed "Yay!" then she'd pat Lindseys back.

Lindsey pretty much dictates what shoes she will and will not wear. She even picks out daddy's shoes in the morning and cries when I don't put on the ones she randomly brings me. (oh yes, last week I was sporting one of my winter yellow rain boots & a hot pink high heel. And I would have been damned if I was gonna even think about taking them off. No no folks I've learned my lesson the hard way when I pulled that move) Yesterday for church it was like pulling teeth to get her to wear shoes that actually matched. I can't believe I have an 18 month old diva who is calling the shots on what shoes we all wear.


*****
I'm really behind on posting...
Many Big Events and Vacations, and Birthdays, and Holidays, and Blessings, and Marathons, and Baby Births, and Family visits, and Family Reunions, and friends back from Japan! and I still need to jounal them all. Holy cow I just realized after writing that list how much has really happened this month. Expect daily posts from me this week folks... thats my goal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. You have a beautiful family.

The Garlock's said...

I love it, a girl can never have too many shoes! I only wish Nixon had that many shoes, except his fat feet barely fit into a couple pair!

Keith and Charayye said...

I love how Lindz gets upset at you about the whole shoe ordeal! She is starting young!!!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Gee Tru, you really should get the girls some shoes. The poor things:) All I can say is, like mother like daughter(s)! Heehee