September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Truly Dear

Happy Birthday to me!
I turned 27 last month and Shane went out of his way to spoil me with a whole weekend of bliss. This post is part one. I still can't believe my girls got into my makeup and broke 23 mac eyeshadows. (have you ever wiped up a shattered eyeshadow off the floor let alone 23!!) I didn't complain too much as I reminded myself once or twice that its just makeup. Shane, however, knew how sad I was and went out and bought me every eye color they carry. What a package that was to open and what a package I married! I could tell many stories about this wonderful man but it's my birthday post and the focus is on me! 

We went Mountain Biking at Sundance. We rode the lift to the last stop at the top and accidentally took one of the black diamonds routes down. I only fell once as I caught more air than expected and wasn't ready for the wicked sharp right-turn at the bottom. But we did it just fine because we're awesome. Then we enjoyed a gorgeous Lunch outside on the foundry grill patio. I love when the weather is nice and the grill serves outdoors.
Then we went swimming with the bugs. Linny loves to be wrapped up in her towel after bath time at home and sung to like a baby. I call her baby Lindsey when I do this and she just loves it. So we did it after swimming too. And why not?!
After naps we went to mom and dads for dinner and presents and cake! We rented a bounce house with a slide combo to keep the little kids entertained but the 'big' kids enjoyed it just as much if not more.
I remember after I took this pic half the girls went down the side and the others fell backwards. Chelsey kept saying "Hurry Tru! It's literally collapsing" as they waited for me snap the shot.
Linny was busy running around being....BUSY

while Ash stayed busy by tormenting Max. Saying "yep good kitty....no, no bad kitty. Naughty Max come back. Hi good kitty"

Hays and I must have been pretending we won our boxing game. Or we just wanted a picture because we thought we looked cool. Don't let us fool you.... our faces were pretty much beat into the ground the second we stood up for battle
Tj and Shane. We were all scared to battle against Teej after seeing his right hook launch Eric and Shane
My girls actually know how to sing Happy Birthday. These 18 month olds can sing their hearts out but they could hardly sit still they were so excited. They couldn't wait for me to "blow out mee candoos" Ashton was premature and was screaming "YAY" before the song was even over and started blowing. I'm certain the littles next birthday will be a major hit.
See I told you- look how happy Ash is

Linny might have been the only other one who enjoyed my birthday cake as much as me. I love store bought chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I really do. I love that Shane surprised me with it instead of just an ice cream cake. Those are good too but this was thoughtful. 



6 comments:

Carrie said...

Love all your posts. The girls really are excited about the birthday cake. Birthday #2 should be loads of fun for them.

Truly and Shane said...

Ha, ...yeah they were ALMOST as excited as Bentley to blow out the candles!!

TJ and Chelsey said...

remember how eric almost took down the bouncy house while me and britt were wrestling? we were almost goners then! haha.

emily+brett said...

rio was really good that night. good food, good cake, good fun, and holly freakin EYE SHADOW!! i've never seen so much in life. that really was so cute of shane to do that. he's a keeper.

Brittany said...

I love the picture of Bentley always with one eye closed. Seriously the bounce house was s big hit....I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Oh I loved this post. The one-eyed photo of Linny is extra cute, and the pics of Ashton with the cat are awesome. What a happy birthday!