Little Dani was born June 10, 2010.
I was able to witness her birth and felt very lucky and happy to be a part of it. Thank you Charayye!! That was so very neat. Much different experience this time around than when I saw Taylor's birth 12 years ago. I was anxious to see how I'd feel that day... would I be baby hungry or not? Turns out I realized I was anything but baby hungry. I'm overjoyed for my sister in law and Bro and really excited I get to be an Aunt again but I do not want another baby YET. Interesting how I remember feeling strongly that day on the matter. I think it's because my girls were seriously so hard the first year that I'm just now catching up on sleep and really enjoying them. From their perspective it wouldn't be fair to get pregnant right now...not that its an easy process for me anyways
My mom and I brought the girls to the Hospital to meet Dani and they could have played in the curtain all day. They'd roll up in it and hide, then burst out screaming "BOO. See You!"
(Ash doing a little Michael Jackson stance)
They took turns hiding and screaming and running...it really was LOADS of fun for them!
OK this was sad! When our girls saw us hold Dani for the first time they wigged out. They did not like it one bit. Ashton's poor little heart shattered into a million pieces. She could hardly breath. Truthfully the only reason we have pictures of this is because I handed my mom the camera and wanted her to take a picture of my family with Danielle but the sobs broke out immediately and she just snapped a shot anyway.
Look at their poor faces!
Below was Dani's blessing day. Charayye's mother made her dress, bonnet, and purse. Char made the bracelets. She looked darling. During sacrament I kept reaching over and putting my lip gloss and gum and my cell in her little purse. It was making me laugh. I was trying not to be too irreverent.
After church we had lunch at Charayye and Keith's house. The girls were ok as long as Shane and I weren't the ones holding Dani.
A few weeks ago...
we went to visit Dani and play with Van. We wanted him to have some play time with the ladybugs. Ashton is ALWAYS thrilled to see him!!
Linny making sure Dani's "pridee" bow was in place
and Ashton making sure she had her binki
I included this last picture because my little sweetheart Ashton has such a tender sensitive soul. She especially likes babies. She tries to change her baby's diaper at home and rubs and pats her back even. She always makes sure she shares her lunch and snacks with her baby as well. So it's no surprise Ashton wants to suffocate Dani with love or becomes very concerned when Dani cries. She'll run up to me and say "baby dannel crying" It makes me so happy to see Ashton so nurturing.
Congrats Charayye on your beautiful baby daughter. You do a fantastic job raising and loving your two children who are only 12 months apart! As an Aunt, I'm so happy I don't have to worry about my brothers kids. I know they are safe, happy, and loved! I do, however, worry about you getting enough sleep though!!!




9 comments:
your ENTIRE family is beautiful!!!!
so cute....I totally go back and forth on the baby thing, just wait until the girls old enough to be really helpful and hopefully that will make it easier and harder all at the same time. I love watching little kids with babies, it is so cute!!!
Your girls are so big... Wow, I can't believe it, really. So, I saw your hubby today and he says you are running. I am training for a half marathon. I usually do my long runs on Saturday and like to start down by your house. Call me if you want to run.801-318-0775 Also, I have a double jogger so we can go whenever and take the kids.
Truly that was so adorable!!! Thank you for doing this post! It's so thoughtful of you, really! All the pics turned out so cute! I am to so happy you got to be there for Danielle's birth! I LOVE the pic you took on her blessing day with her purse and everything! She looks so reverent:)Which I need to post her blessing day still! Hopefully by the end of the week! The last paragraph made my eyes water cause you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that I'm a good mother! Whenever anyone says it to me it's very touching because motherhood is my greatest joy & blessing (besides my Keify:) and
I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! I LOVE everything about it! So thank you, that is probably the BEST compliment I could ever get! And don't worry! I manage getting some sleep:) Thanks again, love you!
Um... don't know about the huge space! Didn't look like that when I was typing! oops:)
she is such a doll! charayye is so sweet. how funny are those pics of the girls crying!!!! started laughing out loud! i held mccoy today and steele has NEVER cared but today he did not like it. he kept patting my leg and saying no no..... i don't know what this means for a new baby?!
NO WAY are these my favorite baby girls!!?? OH MY GOSH are they going to kindergarten next month or what? I can't handle these pictures. Ive looked through them soo many times and they are just heartbreakingly beautiful. Too big too fast and I'm missing out. Poop. Anyway, this is a lovely post and you have beautiful new niece! Congrats to Keith and Charrayye! COME VISIT!
What a beautiful post Truly Bug. Charayye is really a good mother and it's nice not to worry about the grandbabies when they all have such good parents!
Looking back on the pics, my favorite is the one of Shane holding Dani while Ashton is crying. SHANE looks devastated that Ash is so upset! Very sweet.
Post a Comment