October 6, 2010



Um can we please talk about my front porch! This is the lovely evidence that my twin daughters are alive and doing quite well. I swear they did this in under 5 minutes, no joke. Just ask my mother how mischievous and quick they are. I was talking to a neighbor. I could hear lots and lots of giggling going on behind me but the adult conversation was rather serious. I knew I was standing between the road and my house which meant they weren't harming themselves so I tried to stay focused on the neighbors story. A few minutes later I turned around only to find the little stinky culprits themselves INSIDE the entry way with sidewalk chalk beginning their next 'project' 
I really wasn't in the best of moods but it was very hard to be upset and tell them not to bring everything outside when Lindsey was jumping up and down so proud of their work she could hardly get the words "pri-dee" out of her mouth! Then I look to Ashton who was spinning in circles clapping her hands. And Because I am their mother, I was aware that this meant they already knew they did something wrong and jumping, clapping and shouting out their excitement usually makes mommy laugh. So who won this battle? Not mom. Was there any discipline action taken? Of course not, how could there have been after they saw me crack a side smile. Then I did witness a high five exchange between them. A HIGH FIVE people! Are my twins really smart enough to know they really got away with Murder?! I mean the high five was like the ultimate "yessss, sissy we got mommy again!" action.

lets go over the contents on the porch... 
because its normal to have these things on the outside of your house!


1 witch's hat
pair of sparkly red converse shoes 
gold flats 
3 pink rain galoshes 
1 silver boot
3 bibs
2 blankets
4 sippys
1 sprite can
9 diapers (I don't even want to get started on where they went to bring those out)
2 green play rings
my pink hat and scarf
1 winder dairy glass milk bottle
3 stuffed animals
7 crayons
12 sidewalk chalks
minnie mouse
mickey mouse
pink piggy purse
water bottle
3 glow in the dark bracelets
a very expensive couch pillow
and a very nicely decorated door and sidewalk!...
who needs PICASSO?!

and just for the record 
as I was cleaning up I found 5 pieces of chalk in the garage fridge and my cat locked in the pantry. Awesome.


8 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

hahaha this made me laugh so hard!!! and can i just ask, what in the sam hell is a rain galosh!!? lol!

Truly and Shane said...

Erin,

LOL! LOL~
Rain Galoshes are just rain boots. Ya know those squeeky rubbery thick sole boots. They're amazing for running around in the rain or snow. And my girls love how high they come up on their legs and the fact that they can put them on themselves. And I love that I can let them go tearing around in crappy wet weather and all they have to do is take the galoshes off and they're all nice and dry underneath!!

Cherise said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be the cosmetology OR instructor at the BL... Anyway, I've been told to read your blog, because I have twin girls, too. I haven't read it since my girls were born and I just read this post... ummmmm... I am terrified for them to get older and more mobile! But, I LOVE that they high fived each other. So funny! Tell me it's moments like that that make twins worth it. Also, how in the heck do you look so great? I still have a ways to go, but think I might wait until they aren't nursing anymore to work out. Do you have any tips?

Keith and Charayye said...

So I think my favorite thing of the list is the diapers and the drawings on the door! LOL! Those are busy busy girls! I mean Vander has gotten way more busy also but to have two?! That front porch master piece is awesome!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

That was awesome! It made Dad and I laugh out loud!

GRANDMA G said...

I too laughed out loud. These girls are so special - you can't but love them to pieces. Love you both so much.

emily+brett said...

wowzer! i don't think steele could make that much mess even if he wanted to! talk about double the trouble. did the chalk come all the way off your door?!